After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Create and view a simple Web application using HTML within the Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 SP1 IDE.
- Explain the new semantic and structural elements that can be used to create HTML5 Webpages.
- Create Web forms that make use of validation capabilities using the new input types and attributes included in the HTML5 specifications.
- Create layouts and styles using advanced CSS and CSS3.
- Integrate graphics and multimedia into webpages using the Canvas, SVG, Video and Audio elements.
- Implement offline data scenarios using the new HTML5 Web Storage API.
- Create simple web applications using WebMatrix or ASP.NET MVC.