- Overview of DB2 10 on Linux, UNIX and Windows
- DB2 Command Line Processor (CLP) and GUI tools
- The DB2 database manager instance
- Creating Databases and Data Placement
- Creating Database Objects
- Moving Data
- Backup and Recovery
- Database Maintenance, Monitoring and Problem Determination
- Locking and concurrency
DB2 10.5 Administration Workshop for Windows Schulung
This course teaches database administrators to perform basic database administrative tasks using DB2 10.5 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows. These tasks include creating database objects like tables, indexes and views, and loading data into the database with DB2 utilities like LOAD and INGEST. Various diagnostic methods will be presented, including using db2pd command options, and monitoring with SQL statements that reference DB2 monitor functions. Students will learn how to implement automatic archival for database logs and how to recover a database to a specific point in time using the archived logs. The course covers using EXPLAIN tools to review the access plans for SQL statements, adding indexes to improve SQL performance. We will cover the locking performed by DB2 and the effect the application isolation level has on locking and lock wait conditions. Students will learn how to implement database security, including adding a security administrator, SECADM user, and implement database roles to simplify security management. We will also describe implementing DB2 native encryption for a database.
The lab exercises are performed using DB2 LUW 10.5 for Windows. For some exercise tasks, students will have the option to complete the task using a DB2 command line processor, or using the graphical interface provided by IBM Data Server Manager.
IBM Global Training Provider
Mit einem Training von IBM erweiterst du das Know-how deiner Mitarbeiter – ein klarer Wettbewerbsvorteil für dein Unternehmen. Mit unseren Services und der neuesten Technologie für verteiltes Lernen aktualisierst du die Fähigkeiten deiner IT-Mitarbeiter.
InhalteDB2 Windows Administration Schulung
EntscheidungshelferDB2 Windows Administration Schulung
This is an entry level course for students that will perform Database Administration tasks, who plan, implement, and maintain DB2 10.5 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows databases.
Participants should have the following skills:
- Perform basic database administration tasks on a relational database system
- Use basic OS functions such as utilities, file permissions, hierarchical file system, commands, and editor
- State the functions of the Structured Query Language (SQL) and be able to construct DDL, DML, and authorization statements
- Discuss basic relational database concepts and objects such as tables, indexes, views, and joins
These skills can be developed by taking:
- DB2 SQL Workshop
- DB2 Fundamentals