- System Automation for z/OS overview
- Installation and customization
- Customization Dialog and Policy Data Base
- Defining Applications and building automation configuration files
- Additional customization: explore features and functions including use of symbolics in the policy, Application classes, suspend file, Notify Operators, Service Periods, Events, Triggers, and monitor resources
- Initialization and runmodes
- Gateways and Status Display Facility
- Defining Application Groups
- End-to-end automation: extend automation to cross-sysplex and to true end-to-end cross platform automation. Use the Universal Automation Adapter to automate resources on distributed systems, for instance running on Linux
- Performance-based automation with OMEGAMON
- Migration and coexistence with previous releases of SA z/OS
IBM System Automation for z/OS 4.1 Implementation and Administration Schulung
In this course, you learn how to define automation policy for IBM System Automation for z/OS® (SA z/OS).
You learn how to create policy definitions for systems, applications, application groups, and monitor resources. This is delivered in an environment with multiple opportunities for hands-on lab exercises. You define automation policy for several environments: single system and multiple system within a basic sysplex. The System Automation for z/OS automation manager and automation agent run in a z/OS 2.2 environment. The automation platform, Tivoli® NetView for z/OS is at version 6 release 2.
IBM Global Training Provider
Mit einem Training von IBM erweiterst du das Know-how deiner Mitarbeiter – ein klarer Wettbewerbsvorteil für dein Unternehmen. Mit unseren Services und der neuesten Technologie für verteiltes Lernen aktualisierst du die Fähigkeiten deiner IT-Mitarbeiter.
InhalteSystem Automation Schulung
EntscheidungshelferSystem Automation Schulung
This intermediate course is primarily intended for system administrators and system analysts who are responsible for defining the automation policy that is used by System Automation for z/OS.
Before taking this course, you should have attended the following courses or have equivalent skills:
- SM917 – IBM System Automation for z/OS 4.1 Architecture
- SM927 – IBM System Automation for z/OS 4.1 Operations
You should have the following skills:
- Good knowledge of System Automation for z/OS architecture and concepts
- Basic knowledge of System Automation for z/OS operations
- Basic z/OS operations skills and started task concepts
- Basic NetView skills
- Basic ISPF use
- JCL coding and z/OS data set allocation
Recommended NetView courses before this course are:
- TZ203 – IBM Tivoli NetView for z/OS 6.1 Fundamentals
- TZ213 – IBM Tivoli NetView for z/OS 6.1 Automation