Please refer to section „Kursziele“.
- Explain the MVS functions and control blocks necessary to support a task in a multitasking and multiprocessing environment
- Describe the software and hardware functions that allow a program to interact with programs running in other address spaces, use data in other address spaces, and use data in data spaces
- Trace the flow of an I/O operation from the initial request in the application program through the completion of data transfer
- Identify the control blocks that describe the current status of an I/O request
- Describe the functions of the z/OS BCP Virtual, Real, and Auxiliary Storage Managers
- Describe the functions performed by the Recovery Termination Manager and recovery management components to minimize failure impact and enhance error correction
- Select the appropriate IBM publication to provide further technical information (SRLs, Technical Bulletins, Self-study and other z/OS courses)
- Describe the services provided by cross system extended services (XES)
- Identify and explain the purpose of the cache, list, and lock structures
- Plan the implementation of the global resource serialization STAR environment.