- Examine Fibre Channel services such as login processes, name server, addressing, loop initialization and arbitration, frame routing, and registered state change notification as they relate to configuring the SAN infrastructure
- Plan for the implementation of SAN interconnect components, such as Fibre Channel HBAs, the IBM TotalStorage SAN switches and directors (b-type, m-type), and the Cisco directors and switches by reviewing their default configurations and assessing tailoring options
- Plan for the Implementation of resource access control to ensure data integrity by using zoning interfaces in the IBM TotalStorage SAN switches and directors (b-type, m-type), and the Cisco MDS 9000 directors and switches
- Interpret topology, routing, and trunking data displayed by switch management interfaces for a given fabric
Storage Area Networking Fundamentals Schulung
Plan and implemente associating considerations
The storage area network (SAN) infrastructure facilitates storage consolidation, data sharing, server clustering, LAN-free and server-less backup across heterogeneous host server platforms. This course focuses on the planning and implementation considerations associated with establishing that SAN infrastructure. Functions provided by SAN fabric components, such as Fibre Channel host bus adapters (HBAs), Fibre Channel switches and directors, and SCSI to Fibre Channel protocol converters are discussed, and the interdependencies of these components are examined. Mechanisms to implement resource access control for data access integrity among heterogeneous hosts in a storage networking environment are also examined.
- Evolution of storage area network
- Fibre Channel
- Fibre Channel switches and directors – Brocade (b-type)
- Brocade DCFM
- Fibre Channel switches and directors – Cisco MDS
- Converged Enhanced Ethernet
- Fibre Channel over Ethernet
- Data center networking
- Lab Exercises
IBM Global Training Provider
Mit einem Training von IBM erweiterst du das Know-how deiner Mitarbeiter – ein klarer Wettbewerbsvorteil für dein Unternehmen. Mit unseren Services und der neuesten Technologie für verteiltes Lernen aktualisierst du die Fähigkeiten deiner IT-Mitarbeiter.
Inhalte Storage Area Fundamentals Schulung
Entscheidungshelfer Storage Area Fundamentals Schulung
This course is for Personnel who are assessing and planning to deploy a storage area network.
You should have completed „Introduction to Storage Networking (SN70G)2 or equivalent knowledge base is a must. This course assumes that you understand basic SAN knowledge.