- You’ll get a solid knowledge base in the Unreal Engine with a focus on animation.
- You will learn and understand the features of Unreal Engine 5.
- You will be able to use the Unreal Engine animation tools.
- You will master the layout, settings and rendering of a scene in Unreal Engine.
- You will be able to embed and rig animation characters.
- You’ll learn to animate photorealistic digital humans using the MetaHuman framework.
- You will create a fictional environment (worldbuilding) using the Quixel Megascan 3D asset library.
- You understand the basics of the Niagara visual effects system for creating real-time particle effects.
Learning for Tomorrow – EMEA Initiative 2022 Powerworkshop
Free 5 days power workshop for Unreal Engine 5
The “Learning for Tomorrow – EMEA Initiative 2022” is based on a five-day power workshop in which we give you a hands-on approach to UE5, from the basics of Unreal Engine 5 to creating your own animation sequence. We don’t just want to get you excited about the Unreal Engine in this workshop, we want to give you the opportunity to quickly work creatively and productively with the platform.
This initiative was developed together with Unreal Engine and is aimed at animators and digital content creatives in EMEA.
The new Unreal Engine 5 Live Online trainings created for this initiative are based on a unified training project that provides you with a clear thread throughout the course. The trainings include practical exercises, which you will implement together with your trainer and the other participants. The training sessions are recorded and are available to you at a later date.
Even before the training, you get access to our Unreal Engine community with hundreds of Unreal Engine enthusiasts and a dedicated area for the “Learning for Tomorrow – EMEA Initiative 2022”, where advanced lectures and expert forums are offered.
Participation is free of charge. Once you register, you will receive a place on a candidate list and a proposed date for your participation in the coming weeks. Courses are held Monday through Friday, all day from 9:00 am CEST to 5:00 pm CEST.
Unreal Engine PREMIER Authorized Training Center.
Take advantage of the benefits we offer as an Unreal Engine PREMIER Authorized Training Center (UATC). INCAS Training is the market leader in professional Unreal Engine training with top marks in customer reviews.
Learning objectives EMEA Upskilling Initiative 2022 Powerworkshop
Content EMEA Upskilling Initiative 2022 Powerworkshop
- Unreal Editor UI / Structure
- Viewport Navigation
- Entities / Actors, Components, Systems
- Basics of a real-time engine
- Environment design in the Unreal Engine
- Using the Content Browser
- Landscape Tools
- Quixel Bridge
- Water Tools
- PBR Workflow
- Working with Materials and Shaders in UE5
- Learning how to use the Node-based Material Editor
- Creating a simple shader
- Lighting types in UE5
- Post Process Volume
- Use of Cinematic Viewport
- Level Sequences, Actor Sequences, and Levelstreaming
- Using the cinematic tools in Unreal Engine 5
- Skeletal Meshes Basics
- Animation Basics
- Importing Mocap Data
- What is a Visual Scripting Language?
- Introduction Blueprint Classes
- Simple blueprints for workflow optimization
- Control Rig for animating a metahuman
- Animate non-human objects
- Using Animation Blueprints
- Creating and using blendspaces
- Using Take Recorder wisely
- Niagara Fundamentals (Emitter, System, Modules)
- Niagara vs. Cascade
- Practical exercises on different scenarios
Decision support EMEA Upskilling Initiative 2022 Powerworkshop
The “Learning for Tomorrow – EMEA Initiative 2022” is for educators, trainers, instructors, animation professionals, freelancers, and adult professionals currently working with 3D digital content creation (DCC) tools. Unfortunately, students cannot participate.
No experience with UE is required. Participants are expected to demonstrate a solid understanding of current 3D computer graphics software technologies (e.g. Maya, 3ds Max, Houdini, Blender, Cinema 4D, etc.) and standard DCC production workflows. If admitted to the event, we expect attendance on all five days.
Hardware and software specifications
To participate in the “Learning for Tomorrow – EMEA Initiative 2022”, you need a powerful PC and a high-performance Internet connection. Additionally a headset (audio), a webcam (video) and two monitors with (at least) HD resolution.
We recommend as hardware specification:
- Windows 10 64-bit
- 16 GB RAM or more
- SSD with 500 GB free capacity
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 / AMD RX6800-XT or better
- CPU Six-Core (6C/12T) @ 3.4 GHz or better
We advise against the use of Macs.
FAQ EMEA Upskilling Initiative 2022 Powerworkshop
Will I automatically receive a participant place after my registration?
No. After your registration we ask you to fill out another form in which we need some data about you (e.g. your LinkedIn profile, industry, work experience). We will check this and confirm your registration if you meet the requirements and belong to the target group. Students, for example, will not be accepted.
When will I know which week I can attend?
Due to the large number of registrations, it can take up to two weeks before we assign you a place in a particular calendar week. If you do not have time in the week scheduled for you, please let us know immediately so we can offer you a new week. The last training week ends on December 23, 2022.
Are there any costs for me to participate?
No. Participation in the “Learning for Tomorrow – EMEA Initiative 2022” is completely free of charge.
What happens after my registration?
After your registration you will receive an automatic email confirming the receipt of your data. Subsequently, we ask you to fill out another form in which we need some data about you (e.g. your LinkedIn profile, industry, work experience). We will check this and confirm your registration if you meet the requirements and belong to the target group. After that you will receive all further information and your personal access to the community in Discord.
What software do I need besides the Unreal Engine on my PC?
We use ZOOM and recommend you to install ZOOM. Participation in our Unreal Engine community is also a great added value. This communication takes place in Discord. If you don’t have a Discord account yet, please create one.
Do I need to have worked with the Unreal Engine before?
This is not necessary. However, you must have experience with the basics of 3D DCC software, graphics editing or animation.
I live outside EMEA, can I still register?
No. The “Learning for Tomorrow – EMEA Initiative 2022” is limited to participants who are citizens of and currently reside in an EMEA state.
Are the training sessions recorded?
We will provide you with the relevant and knowledge transferring parts as a video recording. What is recorded live will be made available to the participants after the end of the workshop.