- What are materials in the Unreal Engine
- What is PBR (Physically Based Rendering)?
- The PBR workflow of the Unreal Engine
- Introduction to the Unreal Engine’s node-based material editor
- Working with values, functions and textures
- Exploring material settings
- Texture formats, compression settings, mip maps
- Introduction to master materials and material instances
- Creating our first master material with textures
- Texture coordinates & UV basics
- Adding parameters to create variations (material instances) of the master material
- Handling material assets and texture assets in the Unreal Engine Content Browser
- Creating a transparent glass master material
- Fresnel, Translucency Shading & Refraction
- Overview of performance costs of materials, optimization possibilities as well as Dos & Don’ts
- Creation of a Cloth material
- Introduction to Megascan’s Quixel Bridge for using realistic photo scanned materials
- Sneak Peak: What else is possible with materials? (Materials Advanced)
- Bonus: Tips & tricks and practical shortcuts
Unreal Engine: Materials Basics Training
Photorealistic surfaces in the Unreal Engine
This one-day hands-on workshop covers the basics of using materials in the Unreal Engine.
Materials are the “paint” of the surface of the objects in a scene. Through the correct handling and use of materials, photorealistic surfaces can be simulated. With the standardized PBR workflow (Physically Based Rendering) of the Unreal Engine, everything follows a structured and comprehensible system. The goal of the seminar is to gain a sound basic understanding of the handling, use and technology of materials in the Unreal Engine.
Unreal Engine PREMIER Authorized Training Center.
Take advantage of the benefits we offer as an Unreal Engine PREMIER Authorized Training Center (UATC). INCAS Training is the market leader in professional Unreal Engine training with top marks in customer reviews.
Content Unreal Engine Materials Training
Decision support Unreal Engine Materials Training
Designers, Digital Artists, 3D Graphic Artists, Designers, Marketing Managers
Good basic knowledge of Unreal Engine is required, at best you have already attended the basic seminar. Basics in 3D, Shading & Rendering