- Install the AIX operating system, filesets, and RedHat Package Manager (RPM) packages
- Perform system startup and shutdown
- Discuss and use system management tools such as System Management Interface Tool (SMIT) and IBM Systems director console for AIX
- Manage physical and logical devices
- Discuss the purpose of the logical volume manager
- Perform logical volume and file system management
- Create and manage user and group accounts
- Perform and restore system backups
- Utilize administrative subsystems, including cron to schedule system tasks, and security to implement customized access of files and directories
- Configure TCP/IP networking
- Define and run basic Workload Partitions (WPAR)
Power Systems for AIX – II: AIX Implementation and Administration Schulung
Learn to install, customize, and administer the AIX operating system in a multiuser Power Systems partitioned environment. The course is based on AIX 7.1 running on a Power Systems server managed by Hardware Management Console and provides practical discussions that are appropriate to earlier AIX releases.
IBM Global Training Provider
Mit einem Training von IBM erweiterst du das Know-how deiner Mitarbeiter – ein klarer Wettbewerbsvorteil für dein Unternehmen. Mit unseren Services und der neuesten Technologie für verteiltes Lernen aktualisierst du die Fähigkeiten deiner IT-Mitarbeiter.
InhalteAIX Administration Schulung
EntscheidungshelferAIX Administration Schulung
This intermediate course is intended for system administrators or anyone implementing and managing an AIX operating system in a multiuser Power Systems partitioned environment.
You should already be able to:
- Log in to an AIX system and set a user password
- Execute basic AIX commands
- Manage files and directories
- Use the vi editor
- Use redirection, pipes, and tees
- Use the utilities find and grep
- Use the command and variable substitution
- Set and change Korn shell variables
- Write simple shell scripts
- Use a graphic Common Desktop Environment (CDE) interface
These skills can be acquired by attending AIX Basics (AN10G) or through equivalent AIX or UNIX knowledge. Also, it would be helpful (but not mandatory) if students were familiar with partitioning concepts and technology taught in Power Systems for AIX I: LPAR Configuration and Planning (AN11G).