Advanced Tools for AIX Performance Analysis Schulung
Tune your AIX System to high performance
Learn to measure, analyze, and tune AIX on virtualized IBM Power Systems environments. Learn about performance management concepts and techniques and the use of AIX tools to monitor, analyze, and tune an AIX system. Monitoring and analyzing tools discussed in this course include vmstat, iostat, sar, tprof, svmon, filemon, trace and kdb. Tuning tools includes schedo, vmo, ioo, lvmo, and nfso. Each lecture is reinforced with extensive hands-on lab exercises.
IBM Global Training Provider
Mit einem Training von IBM erweiterst du das Know-how deiner Mitarbeiter – ein klarer Wettbewerbsvorteil für dein Unternehmen. Mit unseren Services und der neuesten Technologie für verteiltes Lernen aktualisierst du die Fähigkeiten deiner IT-Mitarbeiter.
Inhalte AIX Analysis Schulung
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Use the trace facility to collect data and create a trace report
- Use the kernel trace facilities to analyze CPU performance issues
- Describe causes and impacts of high context switching rates
- Identify what causes a thread to block and what causes a later wake up
- Explain the relationship between the output of svmon -G, svmon -P, and svmon -S
- Calculate the amount of memory in use on the system
- Explain the relationship between svmon, vmstat, and ipcs output
- Categorize the memory in use on the system by segment type
- Identify which processes are using the most memory
- Identify which segments are using the most paging space
- Describe the characteristics of asynchronous I/O, synchronous I/O, direct I/O and concurrent I/O
- Identify if the expected type of I/O is being executed
- Tune asynchronous I/O
Zielgruppe AIX Analysis Schulung
The audience for this training include AIX technical support personnel, performance benchmark personnel, and AIX system administrators.
Voraussetzungen AIX Analysis Schulung
Students attending this advanced course are expected to have extensive AIX skills. These skills can be obtained by attending the following courses: