Power Systems for AIX – Virtualization II: Advanced PowerVM and Performance Schulung
Describe the effect of the POWER6 and POWER7
Additionally, you will learn skills to implement, measure, analyze, and tune PowerVM virtualization features for optimal performance on IBM Power Systems servers. This course focuses on the features that relate to the performance of POWER6 and POWER7 processors, AIX, and the special monitoring, configuring, and tuning needs of logical partitions (LPARs). This course does not cover application monitoring and tuning.
You will also learn AIX performance analysis and tuning tools that help an administrator take advantage of shared processors and other virtualization features of the IBM Power Systems servers.
Hands-on lab exercises reinforce each lecture and give you practical experience.
IBM Global Training Provider
Mit einem Training von IBM erweiterst du das Know-how deiner Mitarbeiter – ein klarer Wettbewerbsvorteil für dein Unternehmen. Mit unseren Services und der neuesten Technologie für verteiltes Lernen aktualisierst du die Fähigkeiten deiner IT-Mitarbeiter.
- Unit 1: PowerVM features review
- Exercise 1: Introduction to the lab environment
- Unit 2: Shared processors and virtual processor tuning
- Exercise 2: Shared processors and virtual processor tuning
- Unit 3: Configuring multiple shared processor pools and donating dedicated processors
- Exercise 3: Configuring multiple shared processor pools and donating dedicated processors
- Unit 4: Active Memory Sharing
- Exercise 4: Active Memory Sharing
- Exercise 4: Active Memory Sharing (continued)
- Unit 5: Active Memory Expansion
- Exercise 5: Active Memory Expansion
- Unit 6: I/O device virtualization performance and tuning
- Unit 6: I/O device virtualization performance and tuning (continued)
- Exercise 6: I/O device virtualization performance and tuning
- Unit 7: Live Partition Mobility
- Exercise 7: Live Partition Mobility
- Unit 8: Suspend and resume
- Exercise 8: Suspend and resume
- Unit 9: Virtualization management tools
- Wrap up/Evaluations
- Describe the effect of the IBM PowerVM virtualization features on performance and monitoring, such as
- Simultaneous multithreading (SMT), shared processors, multiple shared processor pools (MSPP), shared dedicated capacity, Active Memory Sharing (AMS), Active Memory Expansion (AME), Live Partition Mobility (LPM), and other virtualization features
- Interpret the outputs of AIX performance monitoring and tuning tools used to view the impact of features such as SMT, shared processors, additional shared processor pool activations, and device virtualization
- Perform a Live Partition Mobility between two Power Systems servers
- Configure and monitor Active Memory Expansion
- Configure the Suspend and Resume and Active Memory Sharing features available with the Virtual I/O Server
- Implement the deduplication feature of Active Memory Sharing
This advanced course is for anyone responsible for the system administrative duties implementing and managing virtualization features on a System p server.
The audience for this training includes the following:
- AIX technical support individuals
- System administrators
- Systems engineers
- System architects
The LPAR prerequisite skills can be met by attending one of the following classes or you can have equivalent LPAR skills.
- Power Systems for AIX I: LPAR Configuration and Planning (AN11D1DE)
- Power Systems for AIX – Virtualization I: Implementing Virtualization (AN30D2DE)