- Unit 1 The IBM Spectrum Protect 8.1.11 environment
- Unit 2 Storage pool management overview
- Unit 3 Multi- server management
- Unit 4 Recovery and long-term retention
- Unit 5 Client functions and management
- Unit 6 Daily maintenance and monitoring
- Unit 7 Automation and scripting
- Unit 8 Tuning the server and client for optimization
- Unit 9 Troubleshooting and recovery
- Unit 10 IBM Spectrum Protect additional products
IBM Spectrum Protect 8.1.11 Advanced Administration, Tuning, and Troubleshooting Schulung
Control and tune the IBM Spectrum Protect environment
IBM Spectrum Protect, formerly known as IBM Tivoli Storage Manager, is a data backup and recovery solution designed to help you manage your data retention, reduce the cost of storage, and provide appropriate recovery point objectives to meet any service level agreement. IBM Spectrum Protect offers improved efficiency and flexibility using object-based data management, policy-driven retention, and an easy to use interface, the Operations Center.
In this advanced-level course, you streamline your daily operations with the latest features, such as using Retention Sets for data retention, and using the Web Client 2.0 to restore data. You use the Operations Center and administrative command line to manage multiple IBM Spectrum Protect servers and nodes. This course also includes scripting, performance tuning, restoring the database and storage, and an overview of integration with IBM Spectrum Protect Plus 10.1.6. The hands-on exercises are performed on two Windows 2016 R2 virtual machines.
This course is the second in a two-course series. It is for storage administrators familiar with the daily management of IBM Spectrum Protect, and focuses on the latest features, such as container pool storage. Basic concepts and installation are not covered in this course. TS618G, the first course in the series, IBM Spectrum Protect 8.1.9 Implementation and Administration, covers basic administration and installation.
IBM Global Training Provider
Mit einem Training von IBM erweiterst du das Know-how deiner Mitarbeiter – ein klarer Wettbewerbsvorteil für dein Unternehmen. Mit unseren Services und der neuesten Technologie für verteiltes Lernen aktualisierst du die Fähigkeiten deiner IT-Mitarbeiter.
Inhalte IBM Spectrum Protect 8.1.11 Schulung
Entscheidungshelfer IBM Spectrum Protect 8.1.11 Schulung
Implementers and administrators who have experience with IBM Spectrum Protect.
You should be able to perform the following skills managing an IBM Spectrum Protect environment before taking this course:
- Experience navigating Windows Server 2016 Standard.
- IBM Spectrum Protect (or IBM Tivoli Storage Manager) hands-on experience
- IBM Spectrum Protect 8.1.9, Implementation and Administration course (course code: TS618G) or equivalent skills
- Explain the features of IBM Spectrum Protect.
- Describe the concept of cloud storage.
- Install IBM Spectrum Protect server, backup-archive client, and Operations Center.
- Navigate the administrative interfaces.
- Manage the IBM Spectrum Protect database and recovery log.
- Create and manage storage pools and storage pool volumes.
- Explain the concepts of attaching and preparing a media library.
- Define a management policy to meet business requirements.
- Configure and manage client options.
- Backup, restore, archive, and retrieve client data.
- Protect the IBM Spectrum Protect database and storage pools.
- Schedule administrative tasks.
- Monitor server and client messages and events.