SAN Volume Controller (SVC) Planning and Implementation Workshop Schulung
Leverage SAN storage connectivity
This course is designed to leverage SAN storage connectivity by integrating a layer of intelligence or virtualization, the SAN Volume Controller (SVC) to facilitate storage application data access independence from storage management functions and requirements. The focus is on planning and implementation tasks associated with integrating the SVC into the storage area network. It also explains how to:
- Centralize storage provisioning to host servers from common storage pools.
- Facilitate the coexistence and migration of data from non-virtualized to the virtualized environment.
- Improve storage utilization effectiveness using Thin Provisioning and Real-time Compression.
- Implement storage tiering and optimize solid state drives (SSDs) or flash systems usage with Easy Tier.
- Utilize network-level storage subsystem-independent data replication services to satisfy backup and disaster recovery requirements.
IBM Global Training Provider
Mit einem Training von IBM erweiterst du das Know-how deiner Mitarbeiter – ein klarer Wettbewerbsvorteil für dein Unternehmen. Mit unseren Services und der neuesten Technologie für verteiltes Lernen aktualisierst du die Fähigkeiten deiner IT-Mitarbeiter.
- Unit 1: Introduction to IBM SAN Volume Controller
- Unit 2: SVC hardware architecture
- Unit 3: SVC planning and zoning requirements
- Unit 4: SVC cluster initialization and user authentication
- Exercise 0: Lab environment overview
- Exercise 1: SVC system initialization
- Exercise 2: SVC system configuration
- Exercise 3: Examine back-end storage system
- Unit 5: SVC storage provisioning
- Unit 6: SVC host access
- Exercise 4: Storage provisioning
- Exercise 5: Access SVC storage from Windows and AIX
- Unit 7: Spectrum Virtualize advanced features
- Exercise 6: Thin Provisioning and Volume Mirroring
- Exercise 7: Storage access and SDD path selection
- Unit 8: Spectrum Virtualize data migration
- Exercise 8: SVC data migration
- Exercise 9: Migrate existing data: Migration Wizard
- Exercise 10: Migrate existing data with Import Wizard GUI
- Exercise 11: Migrate existing data with Import Wizard CLI
- Unit 9: Spectrum Virtualize Copy Services
- Exercise 12: SVC scripting and I/O group modification
- Exercise 13: Real-time Compression and the IBM Comprestimator
- Unit 10: SVC administration management
- Exercise 14: SVC FlashCopy and consistency groups
- Exercise 15: Assign user roles and access
- Class Review and Evaluation
This intermediate lecture and exercise-based course is for individuals who are assessing and/or planning to deploy networked storage virtualization solutions.
The following courses are required prior to this class:
- Introduction to Storage (SS01G)
- Storage Area Networking – Fundamentals (SN71G or SN71SG)
- An understanding of the concepts of open systems disk storage systems and I/O operations